Team IBeautySpy extends great pleasure in welcoming you to this online event Let’s SetUp Your Life.
Here we are in Day 13 of the Let’s SetUp Your Life Event with Task #13. We are in Module 3 – Rebuilding.
Coming to today’s task, it’s a Life Task – Play.
Why Play? Importance of Playing?
Playing is highly important for relaxing ourselves in our day to day lives and staying young.
Play allows us to learn how to be creative and helps nurture critical thinking, personality development, and adaptive pathways for us in childhood. The benefits of play are far-reaching, but we often give up play as adults for more serious pursuits such as our careers, our relationships, and our families—all of which are valid pursuits.
But what if we could tap into play to enhance our life experiences, our professions, our relationships, and our family lives as adults as well?
Play for adults is critical in our stressful go-go-go lives. Play has been shown to release endorphins, improve brain functionality, and stimulate creativity. And it can even help to keep us young and feeling energetic. Studies show that play improves memory. One of the things that may often stop us from playing is that we, as adults, get very set on who we are and the types of activities that we do and do not like. But play is healthy and fun, so it benefits us to figuratively—or literally—roll the dice and allow play back into our lives. Who wouldn’t like to experience more moments of lightness and freedom in our days? Playing with your romantic partner, friends, co-workers, pets, and children is a sure (and fun) way to fuel your imagination, creativity, problem-solving abilities, and emotional well-being. Adult play is a time to forget about work and commitments.
* Relieves stress.
* Improve brain function.
* Stimulate the mind and boost creativity.
* Improve relationships and your connection to others.
* Keep you feeling young and energetic.
Play and relationships:
Play is one of the most effective tools for keeping relationships fresh and exciting. Playing together brings joy, vitality, and resilience to relationships. Play can also heal resentments, disagreements, and hurts. Through regular play, we learn to trust one another and feel safe. Trust enables us to work together. By making a conscious effort to incorporate more humor and play into your daily interactions, you can improve the quality of your love relationships—as well as your connections with co-workers, family members, and friends.
* Play helps develop and improve social skills.
* Play teaches cooperation with others – Play is a powerful catalyst for positive socialization. Through play, children learn how to “play nicely” with others—to work together, follow mutually agreed upon rules, and socialize in groups. As adults, you can continue to use play to break down barriers and improve your relationships with others.
* Play can heal emotional wounds.
* Fixing relationship problems with humor and play – Play and laughter perform an essential role in building strong, healthy relationships by bringing people closer together, creating a positive bond, and resolving conflict and disagreements. In new relationships, play and humor can be an effective tool,, for attracting the other person and flirting. In longer-term relationships, play can keep your connection exciting, fresh and vibrant, while also deepening intimacy.
* Having a pet is a great way to play.
Play at work:
Many dot-com companies have long recognized the link between productivity and a fun work environment. Some encourage play and creativity by offering art or yoga classes, throwing regular parties, providing games such as Foosball or ping pong, or encouraging recess-like breaks during the workday for employees to play and relax. These companies know that more play at work results in more productivity, higher job satisfaction, greater workplace morale, and a decrease in employees skipping work and staff turnover.
Apps for Adult Playing:
* Mensa Brain Training
* Memorado Brain Training
* Fits Brain Trainer
* Dressing Up Games – https://poki.com/en/dress-up
* Cooking Crush: City of Free Cooking Games Madness
* Cooking Games – http://www.cookinggames.com/
* Supermarket Grocery Shopping Mall Family Game
* Supermarket Game
* Restaurant Games – https://www.crazygames.com/t/restaurant
* Fix a Fight
* Unsolved: Mystery adventure detective games
Other Games To Play With Friends
* Card games like Uno, Rummy, Ass, Mail, Bluff, etc.
* Board games like Dice rolling games, Business, Monopoly, etc.
* Story writing games. You write few lines in a story. Your friend continues and then another friend continues and the story goes like a train.
* Secret Passing / Chinese Whispers.
* Memory game – you choose a genre like movies. First person says a movie, next person says another movie name along with the first one and it continues like a train.
* Run & Catch games like Lock & Key, Confusion.
* Top 10 game. You choose a genre. Example ‘Top 10 Movie scenes’. You and your friend come up with Top 10 on that, then you show your list items one by one to each other.
* Acting game. Write a playscript / choose a movie scene and act it with your friends.
* Word Games like Scrabble, Cow Bull, Spelling Bee, etc.
* Chess, online chess puzzles where you are given a board at a specific state and you have to make a move.
* Chinese Checkers.
Task #13 – Play
Let’s start with today’s task.
Step 1: Download one of the games from above and play today.
Step 2: Download Headway app and read a 15-minute bite sized book.
Step 3: Take out your beauty products from your cupboard and make a master list. This is called playing with beauty products.
With this, task #13 is complete.
We come to the end of Day 13 – Play. I have shared Task #13 as well as what is playing, importance of playing and some apps for playing.
Hope you like this Rebuilding Module and Task #13 in Let’s SetUp Your Life event.
If you find it useful, do comment below.
And tomorrow, we will meet you again with a Fitness Task.
Cheers and love,
From Team IBeautySpy.
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 3 – Rebuilding – Task #12 – Create Your Dream Board / Bucket List – Life Task
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 3 – Rebuilding – Task #11 – Dress Up – Beauty Task
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 3 – Rebuilding – Task #10 – Prepare Some Coffee / Chai Coffee Time – Diet / Food Task
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 2 – Repairing – Task #9 – Tone / Moisturize – Beauty Task
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 2 – Repairing – Task #8 – Tooth Care / Dental Care – Health Task
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 2 – Repairing – Task #7 – Feet Care – Beauty Task* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 2 – Repairing – Task #6 – Declutter / Organize Your Room – Life Task