Today I will be reviewing a face serum from the brand Ilana Organics. I have already reviewed their green tea soap, camellia toner and walnut, plum scrub. You can check out the reviews in the links listed below. If you are looking for natural, organic products, I would suggest you to check out this brand. I have been testing this serum for the past one month, and I thought it best to share my thoughts on it now. Let’s see how Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon performs.
More reviews from the brand:
* Ilana Organics Energizing Shell Scrub Walnut & Plum
* Ilana Organics Clarifying Toner Witch Hazel & Camellia
* Ilana Organics Mint & Green Tea Bath Soap – A Refreshing Bathing Experience
* Skin Clarifying And Brightening Routine With Ilana Organics Products – For Oily, Acne-Prone Skin
An extremely rich and non-greasy potion that helps get rid of the dark spots and dark circles or any kind of pigmentation. The immense amount of Vitamin C along with results that exceed expectations this little bottle has topped it to being one of ILANA’S best sellers.
Papaya oil is remarkably high in Tocopherols and Carotenoids and it brightens and evens out skin tone naturally. It is excellent for rejuvenating the skin, reducing acne scars and all over skin brightening with high levels of Vitamin C.
Lemon adds up for a fair amount of vitamin C which helps combat imperfections from sun damage, pigmentation and dark spots.
Citrus limon (lemon), Carica papaya (papaya), Pelargonium graveolens (geranium), Tocopherol (Natural Vit E)
*and nothing else.
Rs.790 for 15ml.
Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon comes in a tinted glass bottle packaging with a dropper. It is a housed in an outer carton which has a beautiful sky blue and yellow color graphics. The packaging of the brand is really elegant and modern.
Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon looks golden yellow in color and has a thick oily consistency. It has a nice fragrance of mix of some essential oils. I couldn’t identify any one scent in particular as such. For me, the fragrance felt kinda relaxing and not very strong.
Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon is slightly on the richer side. So as the directions say, stick to only 2 drops for the entire face and neck. Yes, 2 drops would be more than enough. If you apply more, your face will just end up being oily. The serum nourishes the skin from deep within and takes care of any dryness. Also gives a lovely glow. My skin looked and felt healthy. The oil didn’t clog my pores. It also helped in fading of my acne scars when used along with the scrub. But I didn’t notice much of skin brightening.
The mix of papaya seed oil along with other essential oils relaxes and rejuvenates the skin. Every night, when I apply this oil, it feels very calming on the skin. And in the morning, it awakens my skin and also acts as a shield against pollution and environmental stress.
Initially, I was using Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon twice a day. But now my skin is more balanced and healthy, dryness has disappeared, so I reduced it to only once a day. And that is working fine as well, since its a potent potion. I also use it on my lips sometimes and it works beautifully on healing dry and chapped lips.
From my experience, I would say this serum is more suitable for normal-dry skin. If you have oily or acne-prone skin, I would suggest you to go for their other variant, tea tree clarifying serum.
Does it satisfy all its claims?
Most of the claims are true. But I haven’t noticed effects in skin brightening or even out skin tone.
What I like?
* Rich and non-greasy potion which deep nourishes the skin.
* Heals and prevents dryness.
* Gives a lovely glow to the skin.
* Makes skin soft and supple.
* Helps in fading acne scars.
* Relaxes and rejuvenates the skin.
* Acts as a shield against pollution and environmental stress.
* Can be used on dry and chapped lips also.
What I don’t like?
* Didn’t help in skin brightening or even out skin tone as claimed.
Would I recommend?
Yes, if you are looking for a nourishing serum for normal to dry skin which will keep your skin healthy.
Would I repurchase?
No, I would like to try their other variant of Tea Tree & Argan serum.
Value for money?
Yes. Its priced similar to other organic serums in the market. Also, you need only 2 drops for a use. It is going to last you for a long time. Atleast 2 months.
IBeautySpy Rating: 4.5/5
Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon makes for a lovely addition in your skincare routine if you have normal-dry skin. It will keep your skin looking healthy and glowing. Overall, Ilana Organics as a brand has impressed me. If you wish to try this brand, I would recommend you to start with the Green Tea Mint Soap and Walnut + Plum Scrub as I found them simply amazing.
Thanks a lot for reading this! Do subscribe to my blog as I have more reviews from exciting brands coming up!
P.S Product sent by the brand for consideration. But my opinions and reviews are unbiased and honest as always.
* Gulnare Goddess Rose Gold Elixir Dry Oil for Glowing Skin
* Auravedic Kumkumadi Oil | Comparison with Auravedic Skin Lightening Oil – Which One Should You Go For?
* Suganda Antioxidant Vitamin C Face Serum
* Aroma Essentials Vitamin C Night Serum
* Glamorama Beauty Bridal Glow Serum
* Imiana House Fa’Myrah Face Beauty Elixir for Skin Renewal and Anti-Aging
* Auravedic Skin Lightening Oil
* Lotus Herbals YouthRx Youth Activating Serum + Creme – Comparison with Just Herbs Beauty Elixir Serum & Votre Face Serum – Which one should you go for?
* Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum