Its Monday! And let’s start with a new product review. In this week, I will do back-to-back reviews of three popular facial serums from different brands. At the end, I will also do a small comparison of the serums. So make sure you subscribe to my blog and don’t miss any of my posts! Just Herbs as a brand needs no introduction I suppose. Its one of the leading Indian brands whose products are based on ayurveda and made from certified organic ingredients. One of the things that I like most about this brand is that they disclose the complete ingredients list unlike some other natural brands. Also it is a cruelty-free and PETA-certified brand. Let’s see a short introduction about the brand Just Herbs and then we will get on to the review of Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum.
About the brand Just Herbs
Just Herbs™ : Luxurious & safe natural-skincare that works!
Just Herbs is a line of pure, bespoke, and Ayurvedic results-driven skincare made from certified organic and wild crafted ingredients collected from across India. The brand stands for honesty (follows full ingredients disclosure) and purity (uses authentic Ayurvedic herbs without harmful commonplace cosmetic chemicals).
Most people think that natural products are not as effective as chemically formulated ones. Although there is growing awareness that the latter could prove harmful for our skin and general health; most of us think that using chemically laden skincare is a price we must pay to get results and look beautiful.
Just Herbs seeks to change this notion.
We believe, choosing between a product that’s good for your skin and one which is safe for your health and for the earth is a choice you should never have to make.
The vision behind Just Herbs was to create a brand that stands not just for luxury alone; but one that delivers a pure and pleasant experience which is safe for the skin, the environment, and at the same time driven by the commitment to bring about results for common skin concerns.
This is expressed in each of our formulations and in our tagline: ‘Luxurious and Safe Ayurvedic skincare that works!’
We have our roots in Ayurveda– the ancient Indian plant based healing system- and follow the Ayurvedic Bhaishajyas (texts) in all our formulations.
We didn’t need a fancy name. Just Herbs™ signifies what we stand for- simplicity and purity. All we use to create these formulations is ancient Indian wisdom and the purest of herbs and plant extracts.
Just Herbs stands for these values and you’ll find these expressed in our formulations and our packaging.
* Safety and full ingredient disclosure – We do not use any harmful chemicals or toxic perfumes in making JH products. JH Ingredients standard for all formulations are ECOCERT certified organic ingredients. Moreover, we list out every ingredient we use clearly on the product label as well as on our official website. Know more about our Ingredient policy here.
* Bespoke experience – Each and every JH formulation is as unique as you are. You can alter most of our products using natural foods such as milk, honey, lemon juice and water. This is done to suit different skin types as per the principles of Ayurveda. We’ve told you how to do this on the product label.
* Luxury with efficacy – Our products are not just about fragrance. We design them to target specific skin concerns. We create blends from traditional precious herbs; fuse them with exotic essential oils used in Aromatherapy and create a luxurious experience without compromising on the exacting principles of Ayurveda that we endorse.
This multi-tasking Elixir facial serum is a synergistic blend of treasured Indian herbs. It nourishes and restores a natural glow and youthfulness to tired, ageing and pigmented skin. Plant polyphenols, carotenoids and flavonoids present in the Elixir of beauty, prevent and reverse free-radical and DNA damage on the skin. This also blocks the inflammatory changes which happen during the skin ageing process.
Cold pressed oils of Rosehip, Wheatgerm, Safflower and Moringa seeds are natural sources of Vitamins A, C and E. Furthermore, extracts of Indian Senna are a botanical alternative to Hyaluronic Acid (for fine-line filling and intense moisturization).
Liquorice root and Nagkesar form a perfect harmony adding lightening, brightening and skin nourishing properties to this serum.
water (aqua), cetearyl olivate (and) sorbitan olivate***, aloevera (aloe barbedensis) leaf juice*, vegetable glycerine, gotukola (centella asiatica) ext., indian ginseng (withania somnifera) ext., colloidal oats (avena sativa), rosehip (rosa mosqueta) seed oil, fumittory (fumaria officinalis) ext., liquorice (glycyrrhiza glabra) ext., indian chestnut (mesuaferrea) ext., safflower (carthamnus tinctorious) seed oil, moringa (moringa oleifera) seed oil, wheatgerm (triticum vulgare) oil, eucalyptus (globulus eucalyptus) leaf ext., indian senna (cassia angustifolia) leaf ext., alantoin, soy lecithin, caprylyl glycol, potassium sorbate, gluconolactone, ethylhexylglycerine.
Rs.1125 for 15ml and Rs.1825 for 30ml
Before beginning I would like to say that this product is among the five Just Herbs’ nominations the 2016 Harper’s Bazaar India Beauty awards. One of the best selling products of Just Herbs.
Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum comes in dark tinted glass bottle with a pump. Earlier they had a dropper packaging, but after many requests from users that dropper packaging was not convenient due to the consistency of the serum, they have now changed it to a pump packaging. I have the old version of the serum. So what you see in the pictures below is the old packaging.
Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum is a pale brown-colored, water-based serum (oily skin people, your holy grail!). Its not entirely watery though. There are some thick substances which look like bread soaked in milk (weird! I don’t know how else to explain!) suspended in the serum. There is no added fragrance. The scent is only due to the ingredients. Like I said above, I get this sweet smell similar to bread halwa 😀
Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum gets absorbed quickly. As its water-based, there is no oiliness or stickiness thereafter. The results took a long time for me. After three weeks only, I could note that there was a nice glow to my face and my skin looked healthy. It also firmed my skin and gave a youthful look. But apart from that, I haven’t seen any other effects on dark spots or pigmentation. But it doesn’t claim to do that anyway. I would say this is a good anti-aging serum to include in your routine for a healthy, glowing, youthful skin. But if you have any specific skin concerns, this might not work for you.
Does it satisfy its claims?
Yes, it satisfies its claims.
What I like?
* Water-based and easily absorbed.
* Sweet smell like bread halwa 😀
* Makes skin healthy, glowing and youthful.
* Contains goodness of so many ayurvedic ingredients.
* Plant polyphenols, carotenoids and flavonoids present in the elixir of beauty, prevent and reverse free-radical and DNA damage.
* Suitable for all skin types.
* Free from petrochemicals, parabens, SLS/SLES PEG/PPG, Genetically modified ingredients(GMO) and other synthetic ingredients.
* Cruelty-free and PETA-certified.
* Complete ingredients list mentioned.
What I don’t like?
Would I recommend?
Yes, definitely, for all skin types.
Would I repurchase?
Value for money?
It is expensive. I wish they reduced the price.
Availability: You can buy online from here
IBeautySpy Rating: 4.8/5 (.2 deducted for price only)
Overall, Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum is truly an elixir for the skin. If you wish to maintain a youthful, healthy, glowing skin, then do give this a try. Am sure you will love it.
* Blue Nectar Shubhr Oil | Natural and Affordable Facial Oil
* The Body Shop Drops of Light Range
* Votre Multivitamin & Rejuvenating Night Cream
* The Nature’s Co White Tea Night Cream | Anti-Aging Cream For All Skin Types