Here am with the review of another Dot & Key product. I have already reviewed their Neroli lime steam cleansing balm/makeup remover and lavender peppermint hand cream. Both of which I loved so much. I took some time to review this product since its a serum and I want to test its long term results. Dot & Key has 3 variants of serum, each for different skin type and concern. This is the Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Moisturizer in Serum with main ingredients as Frangipani and Ylang Ylang. So let’s see how this product performs.
Other reviews from the brand:
* Dot & Key Hand Cream Sanitizer + Moisturizer Lavender & Peppermint
* Dot & Key Skin Cleansing Steam Balm with Neroli & Lime
This ultra-light, SPF 15 face serum moisturizer hydrates deeply, reduces signs of dullness and reveals soft, glowing skin. Now, enjoy a renewed natural facial glow, every day.
Having a dry skin type can often make you look dull and lifeless. Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Face Serum with natural moisturizers and sunscreen nourishes your skin deeply with an instant glow. Made with revolutionary moisturizer in serum technology, it is ultra-light and moisture-rich, penetrating skin to give it a radiant glow.
Containing skin conditioning actives, this face serum locks in moisture for hours. It also offers SPF 15 for daily sun protection and shielding skin from environmental stresses, reducing signs of dullness and renewing your natural radiance. The absence of any toxic chemicals makes this face serum safe, gentle and nourishing, something that can be used everyday without worries. Delicately perfumed with the sweet, tropical fragrance of frangipani and ylang ylang, it’ll bring back the illuminating glow on your face.
All Dot & Key products are dermatologist tested and 100% skin safe, Cruelty Free, Vegetarian Friendly and free of nasty chemicals like Parabens, Alcohol, PABA, Phthalates & Sulphates. We assure safe, gentle and effective skincare.
(see below image)
Rs.645 for 50ml.
How to use
- Take 2-3 pumps of the serum onto fingers.
- Dot the serum all over the face and neck
- Massage in upward & outward motion till completely absorbed.
- Enjoy an illuminating glow and dewy look all day long.
- Use daily in the morning.
Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Moisturizer In Serum comes in a very cute yellow colored bottle with white cap. It has a pump mechanism to dispense the right amount of product. The bottle comes housed in a bright yellow outer carton with all the product details listed on it. On both sides of the carton, they have sealed it, so that you can ensure its a new unopened product. The cap doesn’t shut fully and is loose which is the only complaint I had with the packaging. Otherwise, this packaging is so beautiful and you will love using this everyday.
Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Moisturizer In Serum looks white in color and has a runny, cream consistency. It has a lovely calming fragrance of frangipani and ylang ylang. All Dot & Key products that I used have very good scents. The cleansing balm has invigorating neroli and lime while the hand cream has relaxing peppermint and lavender scent.
I just need one pump of Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Moisturizer In Serum for a use. This is a water-based cream serum, not oil-based. It gets absorbed into the skin within few minutes and hydrates the skin deeply. I don’t even need a moisturizer after this. As the name says, this is a 2 in 1 product, moisturizer-in-serum and performs the functions of both. Also it has sun protection SPF of 15. Very rare it is to see SPF in a serum! So when am indoors this is sufficient for me, serum + moisturizer + sunscreen. When I go out, I apply a higher SPF sunscreen on top of this.
Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Moisturizer In Serum tackles dull and dehydrated skin. As it has the ability to moisturize and hydrate skin deeply, skin feel supple, soft and has a healthy glow to it. The ultra-light, moisture-rich formula penetrates skin to give it a radiant sheen. Usually my skin tends to get dull and lifeless as I work in an A/C environment the whole day. But this serum provides the much needed glow and radiance so that skin feels alive and illuminated entire day. I haven’t faced any breakouts or acne with this product. However, the product mentions that this serum is for normal-dry skin types. And I also feel that way. Oily-combination skin might feel it to be on the heavier side. If you have oily-combination skin, choose their matte finish serum.
Dot & Key has 4 variants of face serum:
* Iilluminating Glow Moisturizer-In-Serum Frangipani & Ylang Ylang SPF-15 (for normal-dry skin)
* Matte Finish Moisturizer-In-Serum Lavender & Tea Tree Zero Oil Formula (for normal-oily skin)
* Skin Awakening Moisture Boost Serum Peppermint & Lavender (for all skin types)
* Skin Essentials Night Serum Peony & Verbena
I also have the Skin Awakening Moisture Boost Serum with me which I will review soon. Its the green one, meant for all skin types.
The only con that I found with this Dot & Key Illuminating Glow Moisturizer In Serum was the addition of Mineral Oil. And that as the first of ingredients list after Aqua. Also the addition of silicones. If these were avoided, this would be an excellent 3-in-1 product for normal-dry skin.
Does it satisfy all its claims?
Yes, it satisfies all its claims.
What I like?
* Cute, pretty and innovative packaging for a serum
* Delicately scented with the sweet tropical fragrance of frangipani and ylang ylang
* 3-in-1 product – serum + moisturizer + sunscreen.
* Don’t need for a separate moisturizer after this.
* Containing skin conditioning actives, this face serum locks in moisture for hours, revealing soft glowing skin.
* Gives a healthy glow and radiant sheen to dull and dehydrated skin.
* Makes skin supple and soft.
* Glow and moisturization lasts for an entire day.
* SPF 15 for daily protection from environmental stresses, reducing signs of dullness and renewing natural radiance.
* A serum with SPF is very rare to find. Nice, innovative concept.
* Complete ingredients list mentioned.
* Free of nasty chemicals like Parabens, Alcohol, PABA, Phthalates & Sulphates.
* Dermatologist Tested.
Suggestions for improvement:
* Make the formula mineral-oil free and silicone-free.
* Improve the packaging so that the cap shuts well.
Would I recommend?
Yes, for normal-dry skin types.
Would I repurchase?
No. I would like to try their other variants of serum.
Value for money?
Yes, the price is a reasonable for a serum and quantity is 50ml. I think this is one of the affordable serums in the market for 50ml.
Availability: You can buy online from here (Use code ‘ARCHANA20’ to get 20% discount on all products. They also have launched a new Acne Control Facial Cleansing Foam with Tea Tree & Lime 🙂 ).
IBeautySpy Rating: 4.7/5
Dot & Key, as a brand, is a fresh take on beauty. Their innovative packaging is something that no Indian brand has ever come on par with still. Each product has a combination of two lovely fragrances which they have come up with on thorough research. I like the fact that they are transparent about the full ingredients list. The products are dermatologist tested, safe and gentle on the skin. And the prices are reasonable as well. Their products are innovative – serum with SPF, hand cream with sanitizer, foot cream with deodorizer, etc. The brand has won my heart and I would definitely recommend this brand Dot & Key.
P.S Product sent by the brand for consideration. But my opinions and reviews are honest as always.
* Ilana Organics Brightening Skin Serum Papaya & Lemon
* Suganda Antioxidant Vitamin C Face Serum
* Aroma Essentials Vitamin C Night Serum
* Gulnare Goddess Rose Gold Elixir Dry Oil for Glowing Skin
* Just Herbs Gotukola Indian Ginseng Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir Facial Serum
* Organique Renewal Serum with Hazelnut Oil