Hope you were able to complete Task #2. So here we are in Day 3 of the Let’s SetUp Your Life Event.
Team IBeautySpy is here with Day 3 – Task #3. We are still in Module 1 – Cleansing & Detoxifying.
Have you had a look at our event calendar? If not, check out here:
So today’s task is a Diet Task – Eat Clean.
Why Eat Clean?
Food is the source of energy for human body. Do you remember Biology lessons about metabolism, how food is converted to energy? For us to be energetic and active throughout the day, food plays the main role. So it is important to eat right, wise and clean. Underline it. Its important to eat Right, Wise and Clean. The right food provides body with the required energy to keep you active, fit and healthy.
What is right, wise and clean food?
A balanced meal has carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and a tiny amount of fat. Make sure the meal you eat has enough of all these. Eating a masala curry is not right. Masalas don’t have any of the above. Masala curry is just an empty meal.
* For carbohydrates – Rice, roti, bread, upma, etc.
* For proteins – Dal,rajma, channa, black eyed beans, nuts, etc.
* For vitamins and minerals – All vegetables and fruits (especially carrots, beans, leafy greens, apples, oranges), milk
* For healthy fat (in small amount) – Desi ghee, cooking oil (which cooking oil you use?), gingelly oil, paneer, cheese, butter
* Lots and lots of clean water.
Take an example of our south indian delicacy sambar rice. Sambar rice is a one pot meal and it has all of the above in it. The rice in it has carbos, dal in it has proteins, the vegetables that you add in sambar rice like carrot, ladies finger, drumstick, bottlegourd etc has vegetables and minerals and finally you drizzle some ghee in sambar rice which has healthy fat.
What about meat?
As I said above, food is energy. Then what is meat? Meat is DEAD energy. Plants are live energy. Whereas meat is dead energy. Now imagine dead energy circulating in your system. It can lead to a lot of physical ailments. Dead energy also is heavier. Which explains why you feel and look heavy when you eat non-veg. When you eat vegetarian or even better vegan, your body feels light as air. Also, you smell good. No need to use deos. Try it yourself and see the difference.
Meat has more in it. Meat is basically murder. You are killing a chicken, lamb, fish or egg and eating. Which means there is life blood involved in the process. Which gets you karma. A living being has suffered and died due to you. And so karma finds its way to you. Imagine a fish that is pulled out of its environment of sea and its gasping for oxygen. That gets you karma. And don’t think eggs are less any way. Being a eggetarian is worser than anything. Eggs have the most karma in them. Imagine the conditions in which a chicken has been put through to lay eggs. Think of pregnancy and having babies. Eggs have more karma than meat. Karma doesn’t take much time actually. Usually karma finds you by the end of the day. Have you ever felt that in my life suffering after suffering is coming, problems after problems are coming, am never at rest, am never at peace? Well, the reason being karma. Team IBeautySpy recommends turning vegetarian for above said reasons.
Tips For Eating Right, Wise and Clean:
1) Have minimum 3 meals a day. Never skip any meals.
2) Never skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets you in the mood for the entire day. Have a healthy, hearty breakfast.
3) Drink lots of water throughout the day. Dehydration is the worst problem ever which can lead to more health issues. Water also flushes out toxins from your body and keeps you healthy and fit. If you are working in an office, keep a water bottle at your desk and sip frequently. I know people who never have water bottles in office. Every time they have to go to pantry, take a mug and get water. And they don’t do this often as its lazy to walk and go to pantry. Imagine how less water you must be drinking. There are also apps for monitoring your water intake. You can use this in the beginning so its more fun:
* Water Drink Reminder App
* Aqualert App
* Water Call
* Hydro Diary
4) Have some dry fruits everyday. 5 cashews, 5 badam, 5 pistachios, 5 raisins, 1 walnut and a handful of flaxseeds or sunflower seeds. You can buy them separately, mix them and keep in a small box and take to your office and eat there. Or you can buy mix dry fruits packets in shop/online.
5) Protein intake is important. Have following items often:
* Dal (dal tadka, dal makhani, sambar, mini sambar idly, green moong dal curry, masoor dal, horsegram dal, moringa/drumstick leaves dal). Have a bowl full of dal for your meal. You can have it with rice or roti. Or make like sambar rice, dal khichdi.
* You can have dal powder mixed with ghee in rice for a quick fix.
* Rajma, White channa, Black channa, Black eyed beans, peas, sprouts – Make this into curry or dry sundal type or dhaba style channa. Have a bowl full of this with rice or roti. Did I tell you, sprouts curry goes well with chapati? Mix sprouts packet is available in most supermarkets. You can also make prepared rice out of this like rajma rice, channa pulao, peas rice. Or make a two bean salad by boiling rajma and channa. Toss in some paneer cubes, salt and pepper and your Two Bean Salad is ready.
* Soya chunks – you can make soya chunks biryani, soya chunks poriyal, soya chunks vada/cutlet.
* You can have pesarattu dosa for breakfast or dinner. Its made from moong dal.
* Mushrooms – you can make mushroom fry, mushroom rice, mushroom in manchurian sauce. Chings brand has a manchurian sauce mix.
6) Vegetable intake is important. Have vegetables in the form of salads or in the form of cooked poriyal or vegetables mixed with rice. Prepared vegetable rice varieties are there like carrot rice, ladies finger rice, beans rice, spinach leaves rice, potato rice, cauliflower rice, capsicum/bell pepper with black pepper rice, beetroot rice, bittergourd rice, etc.
7) When you regularly eat healthy and nutritious food, then having a small cake or some chips or a samosa or a puff sometimes doesn’t matter. Because your body will be strong enough to digest whatever unhealthy fat is in it.
Task #3 – Eat Clean
Let’s start with today’s task:
Step 1: Have a fresh cucumber and carrot veg salad today. Slice cucumbers and carrots and sprinkle some salt and pepper. If you don’t like to eat raw carrots, make carrot poriyal and eat. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, retinoids and improve eyesight and they have many more vitamins and minerals. Cucumbers cool and hydrate your body. To make it as a snack, cut them into stick-shapes and have with coriander-mint chutney dip.
Step 2: Make a bowl of oats and have for dinner.
How to make oats:
Take 1 cup of oats. I use Quaker oats which is my favorite or Kellogg’s oats.
Add some water in a pan or you can make in rice cooker also. Put the oats in the water.
Wait till it boils. Pour more water if needed. Once you see bubbles coming, switch to sim (lower the flame).
At this stage, add some milk and mix it well. Keep it in sim for a minute or two and then switch off.
If we add milk in the beginning, the oats turns mushy and sticky. So its better to use water at first and then add milk at the end. So oats doesn’t get thick and sticky.
Add required sugar.
Sprinkle few badam and raisins on the top.
Your bowl of oats is ready! Have it when its warm itself. Don’t let it go cold :).
Task #3 is complete with these two steps.
So with this, we come to the end of Day 3 – Eat Clean. I have shared Task #3 as well as some useful information regarding healthy clean food and diet.
If you find it useful, do comment below.
And tomorrow, we will meet you again with a Beauty Task.
P.S. Our Program Manager says you are going to love this task.
Cheers and love,
From Team IBeautySpy.
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 1 – Cleansing & Detoxifying – Task #2 – Skin Cleansing / Detoxifying – Beauty Task
* Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Module 1 – Cleansing & Detoxifying – Task #1 – Meditate, Deep Breathe and Pray – Life Task
* Blog Announcement – Let’s SetUp Your Life 14 Days Event – Apr 1st to 14th – By Team IBeautySpy – Sign Up Now
* Product Empties and Decluttering – Part 3
* Product Empties and Decluttering – Part 2
* Product Empties and Decluttering – Part 1
* What’s In My Mail? – March Edition