Today’s post is a first of its kind post on my blog. I have seen many bloggers and youtubers doing this Project Pan series. And I got inspired to start myself too. From the beginning of this year 2019, every month I have been doing a Project Pan by writing in my diary. Since it went quite successfully, I thought of sharing it on my blog. Hope this post inspires you too 🙂 .
So what is a Project Pan exactly?
This is a term that primarily started trending in the beauty world. Panning is when you “hit pan” on a makeup or skin care product or use up the entire thing. Hitting pan means you can see the bottom of the container. Project Pan is setting goals for hitting pan or using up a certain number of products in a fixed time period.
Types of Project Pan:
Do you know there are so many different kinds of Project Pan projects?
* The simplest one is just using up certain products that you have planned for the time period. The time period is chosen by you. Some youtubers choose like a quarter (3 months), some like a month or week. I am going by monthly Project Pans.
* There are also Themed Project Pans. Here you choose products according to the theme. Like Harry Potter themed Project Pans are common. Check out this video here for ‘7 Deadly Pans Project’ in which each product is related somewhat to the 7 Deadly Sins 😛. There are also other propular themes like ‘A-Z’, Disney movies themes, Halloween, Hunger Games, etc.
* Then there are Dollar Goals Project Pans. Which is basically like use up $x worth products in the time period.
* Then there is Project Pan Roulette which is a more fun way of playing. You make a list of categories (‘Green Beauty’, ‘Products with nice fragrances’, ‘Budget products’, ‘Hydrating products’, ‘Something red/pink/yellow’, ‘Something floral’, etc) and assign products to the categories. You then number the categories and choose a random category using Random.org. This will be your Project Pan. Once its done, you strike that from the list and pick another random category and repeat this the entire year.
As for me, I like the idea of themed project pans. I would like to do something related to Harry Potter or Disney in future, if my current Project Pan goes well.
Benefits of a Project Pan:
* You know what’s in your stash and you use them up fully without wasting them and before expiry.
* It ensures you don’t forget some costly or favorite products and regret later.
* You don’t buy products unnecessarily ‘coz you know what’s in your stash.
* Helps in decluttering old and partially finished items.
* Its one way of playing with your beauty products. Believe me, its lot of fun 😍. Just make sure you don’t include lot of items in one pan and end up layering all of them.
All that being said, let’s see my Project Pan for May 2019.
Project Pan May 2019:
1) Forest Essentials Nargis Shower Butter (sample size)
2) Forest Essentials Nargis Body Cream (sample size)
3) Inatur Energising Mandarin Grapefruit Shower Gel (1/6th of the product left)
4) Roots & Herbs Anjeer Body Scrub
5) Aroma Essentials Rose Quartz Post Bath Essence (1/4th of the product left)
6) Bliscent Hibiscus Daily Cleanser
7) Juicy Chemistry Helichrysum and Vetiver Toner (1/5th of the product left)
8) MCaffeine Silver Glow Aloe Gel (¼ th of the product left)
9) Gulnare Zesty Lemon Exfoliator
10) Vedic Line Banana Pulp Face Mask
11) Bliscent Pineapple Lip scrub
As you can see, I have included one atmost one product in each category. Also except for 5 full size products, others are emptied more than half or tiny samples. So am positive about completing this Project Pan.
I hope you got inspired from this Project Pan post. Let me know in the comments whether you liked it and would like me to continue every month. Also whether you would like me to do a theme-based Project Pan. If you want to know about any of these products, comment that too.
Have a lovely week!
* Puresense Macadamia Relaxing Deep Nourishing Hair Cleanser
* Review of Rzizhi Products – With Dragon Blood Oil
* Product Empties and Decluttering – Part 3
* Product Empties and Decluttering – Part 1
* What’s In My Mail? – March Edition
* Review of Fiducia Botanicals Products