This review has been pending for a long time. It was supposed to be published in December when I was using it and clicked the pics. But somehow got delayed 😁. Burt’s Bees products are difficult to get in India. I had won this product in a giveaway 😊 and was quite excited to try it as its my first Burt’s Bees product. Let’s see how Burt’s Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream fared on me.
Our rich cream cleanser with natural Soap Bark deeply cleanses, removing dirt, excess oil and makeup. The 100% natural cleanser is also formulated with Chamomile and Aloe to gently soften skin and a hint of Menthol known for its cooling and soothing properties. The result is skin that looks naturally healthy and fresh.
(see below pic)
Rs.1521 for 170g.
Burt’s Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is a SLS/SLES free face wash. It contains the goodness of so many natural ingredients as you can see in the ingredients list pic above. They are listed towards the beginning which means they are present in higher concentrations rather than local drugstore brands which add them to the end and remaining ingredients are cheap fillers and claim to be natural.
Burt’s Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is a cream based cleanser with a mild, very soothing fragrance. It is not like an artificial fragrance rather a natural fragrance from the added ingredients. The consistency is thick and a coin sized amount is enough for the entire face.
It doesn’t lather due to the absence of sulphates. Burt’s Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is very gentle on the skin, yet it cleanses the skin effectively and removes all the dirt and grime. It doesn’t dry out skin or strip away the natural oils of skin. Due to the presence of menthol, it feels very cooling on the skin.
After washing, my skin feels fresh, smooth, soft and supple. With regular usage, it has improved the texture of my skin and looks healthy.
Burt’s Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is best cleanser for dry and sensitive skin. Even normal and combination skin people can use it. Oily skin people can use it during winters. Acne-prone skin can stay away as this cleanser contains coconut oil which is a comedogenic ingredient.
I won’t say this is a must-have product. But if you love Burt’s Bees as a brand and like SLS/SLES free, paraben free cleansers with natural ingredients, you can give it a try.
* Sunflower seed oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants which nourish the skin and soothes irritations. It improves the appearance and health of your skin.
* Soap bark is a natural cleansing agent.
* Chamomile flower extract is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiseptic, and contains essential oils and antioxidants. Additionally, it is a hypoallergenic and helps to reduce skin irritants by neutralizing free radicals.
* Echinacea extract has antibiotic, anti-bacterial and healing properties. It helps in treating acne and acts as an anti-aging agent.
* Witch hazel leaf extract is anti-microbial, astringent and helps to treat sunburns.
* Aloe leaf extract – we all know the many benefits of aloe vera 😀
* Cocoa seed butter – excellent moisturizer for skin.
* Rosemary leaf extract helps to rejuvenate the skin, protect from skin infections and damage caused by sun and free radicals.
* Lemon peel oil helps in brightening skin.
* Menthol cools and soothes the skin.
* Lavandin oil helps to fade marks and scars and also acts as an antiseptic.
* Litsea cubeba oil cleanses skin, balances the sebum, shrinks open pores and treats acne.
Does it satisfy all its claims?
Yes, it satisfies all its claims.
What I like
* SLS/SLES free.
* Paraben free.
* Gentle but effectively cleanses skin.
* Doesn’t dry out skin.
* Makes skin soft, smooth and supple with regular use.
* Improves texture and makes skin look naturally healthy.
* Contains goodness of so many natural ingredients which are highly beneficial for the skin.
What I don’t like
* Availability is an issue. I wish Burt’s Bees comes on Nykaa soon 🙂
Would I recommend?
It’s not a must-have product. If you love cleansers with natural ingredients and don’t mind splurging a bit for skincare, then I would recommend it.
Would I repurchase?
Not immediately. Budget issues! Maybe on my next visit to Sephora sometime in future, I might pick it.
Value for money?
I won’t say its affordable. Price is definitely on the higher end, but one tube can last for a long time since only little quantity needed each time.
Availability: You can buy online from here
IBeautySpy Rating: 4.8/5 (0.1 deducted for availability and 0.1 deducted for price)
Overall, I totally loved using Burt’s Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. I love sulphate-free cleansers which doesn’t lather and is gentle on the skin. This one has a lot of natural ingredients additionally in higher concentrations. For those who would like to invest in good brands skincare products, I would recommend you to try this.