Today am going to unbox the Vanity Cask Luxury Beauty Box – the Hair Care Edit. If you remember, I have already reviewed their previous box, which was skin care edition. What makes Vanity Cask different from other subscription boxes, is that its not a monthly subscription box. A new box is released periodically and each box caters to a specific need – skin care, hair care or body care. And all their boxes contain luxury deluxe samples. If you wish to try a luxury brand product to see if it suits you before buying, then VanityCask is the right choice. Their last box was released in October 2016. And it proved to be very useful for me in deciding which products to buy in future. Like I didn’t like the Clinique 7 day scrub much, whereas I totally loved the Votre Moisturizer.
About VanityCask The Hair Edit:
True beauty is owning you natural self, in all your ethereal glory. Great hair can make or break your look, and at VanityCask we understand this more than anyone else. Great hair doesn’t really translate to a certain style, but translates to quality. To enhance your natural beauty, to encourange your mane to show character and to express what you have inherited in all its power: that was the mission of this box.
With products selected carefully, after a lot of debate and research, & brands curated especially to give you the best experience, we are proud to present our second box. We hope you love it as much as we do!
This month, as the title says, its all about hair care. It comes in a black box with a pretty pink satin pouch inside, just like last time. There is also a booklet provided which mentions details of all the products and how to use them. If you are someone who loves storing makeup in boxes, this box would be attractive and handy for you.
Let’s see what all products I received in this box. There are totally 5 sample sized products in the box from high end luxury brands.
* Moroccan Oil Treatment (10ml – Rs.288): I had my eyes on this product for a really long time. I had read rave reviews of this everywhere. But I found it too expensive to invest in. Am really excited to receive this in my VanityCask box. Its a deluxe sample and can easily last for 10-12 uses if used as a hair serum. I tried this and totally loved it. It helps to tame dryness and frizziness and makes hair smooth and soft. The full size is priced at Rs.2880 for 100ml.
* The Nature’s Co Rosemary Hibiscus Hair Mask (25g – Rs.231 approx): I already have this mask with me. And believe me, it does wonders for your hair. It makes your hair voluminous, soft and bouncy. I would do a detailed review on this soon. This is also a deluxe sample and can last for 3 uses if you have medium length hair. The full size is priced at Rs.1295 for 140g.
* Votre Rejuvenating Hair Oil with Rosemary Oil (30 ml): I loved the Votre product which I got in the previous box. So I have high hopes with this hair oil too. It contains a herbal blend of jojoba oil, almond oil, rosemary oil, sesame oil, olive oil, amla extract, fenugreek, bhringraj, hibiscus and lemongrass. Looks promising! The price of this is not mentioned.
* Balmain Paris hairXpression highlights (Rs.1199): This is a hair extension and comes in shade Elegant Brown. It looks good and of high quality. However, I don’t use hair extensions, so can’t comment much on it. This is a full-sized product and priced at Rs.1199.
* Organix Shampoo & Conditioner (7.5ml * 4 – Rs.54 approx): I have always wanted to try Organix products. I got two variants of it – Bamboo Fiber-Full Shampoo & Conditioner and Healing Vitamin E Shampoo & Conditioner. Though they are sachets, they are pretty big and might last for 3 uses. It is priced at Rs.680 and Rs.725 for 385ml respectively.
As you can see, the box is good value for money. You can buy online from their website. You can use my discount code ‘IBEAUTYSPY’ to get a 5% discount on the box.
Overall, if you like pampering your tresses, I would definitely recommend you to try this edition of VanityCask box. It is definitely good value for money as you get products worth double the price. It has all the hair essentials – shampoo, conditioner, mask, serum and hair extensions. And I like the fact that all are from luxury brands. Am also looking forward to their next box which might be a bath and body care box.
So what do you think about VanityCask? Do you find it better than regular subscription boxes? Do you think its a good way to try luxury samples before investing in them?
Also check out:
VanityCask Skin Care Edition
P.S Product sent by the brand for consideration. But my opinions and reviews are honest as always.