Today am going to review a very important product for summers – sunscreen! I got this from Amazon sometime back. I had actually ordered the PhytoRx Sunscreen Gel. But they mistakenly sent this Sunblock Mist. Anyway this product is priced higher than my order, so I don’t have anything to complain 😛 . For those who don’t know, the Professional PhytoRx range from Lotus is free from parabens, artificial fragrances and color. Also this has a high SPF and broad spectrum protection which made me pick it. But I was highly disappointed with the product Lotus Professional PhytoRx Sunblock Mist SPF 50 PA+++. Read on to know why.
PhytoRx Sunblock Mist is a ultra-light, anti-tan sunblock with PA+++ and SPF 50 that provides broad spectrum UVA + UVB protection that cause skin tanning, sunburn and premature signs of aging.
This lightweight formula is water and sweat proof. It get’s absorbed quickly and does not leave skin feeling sticky or greasy. It is an unique potent formulation with Carrot oil & Vitamin E.
(See below image)
Rs.595 for 100ml
Lotus Professional PhytoRx Sunblock Mist comes in a convenient spray packaging which dispenses a fine liquid mist. It has a thin, lotion-like consistency and is white in color. There is no fragrance as mentioned.
Lotus Professional PhytoRx Sunblock Mist is very lightweight on the skin and doesn’t clog pores. It doesn’t leave any greasiness or stickiness. However, it leaves a prominent white cast after application which makes you look like a ghost. I have tried to blend it as much as I can, but the white cast just sits there without budging. Also, you need to use a good moisturizer before applying this, else it gets settled into patches on dry skin.
Lotus Professional PhytoRx Sunblock Mist provides good sun protection and prevents tanning also. Usually, my skin gets tanned very easily, but with this sunblock, I could notice that tanning was very negligible, even if I were outdoors for a long time. It is sweat-proof as claimed, however I won’t say its water proof as it gets washed away with water.
Lotus Professional PhytoRx Sunblock Mist is suitable for all skin types, even oily skin, as it is lightweight. Dry skin people would need to apply a moisturizer before applying this.
Since only small amount needed each time, one bottle will last you a long time – 2 to 2.5 months. So its good value for money.
* Coming to the ingredients, there are no parabens, added fragrance and color.
* There is a silicone added though – Cyclopentasiloxane. However, its a water soluble silicone and doesn’t lead to build up unlike Dimethicone which is oil soluble.
* For sunblock, I was looking for zinc and titanium oxide. But it is not present. Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Benzophenone-3 and Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol are organic compounds added to sunscreen to absorb and reflect UV rays.
* Tocopherols are the vitamin E compounds.
* Rest are emollients, emulsifiers and preservatives. I checked all of them by googling. Most of them are derived from natural sources like coconut oil, castor oil, etc.
So I am really satisfied with the clean ingredients list.
Does it satisfy all its claims?
Yes, it satisfies all its claims except that it is not water-proof.
What I like?
* Free from parabens, chemical preservatives, artificial fragrance and colors.
* Lightweight formula which gets absorbed quickly without any greasiness.
* Protects from sunburn and tanning.
* High SPF of 50 as well as PA+++ broad spectrum protection.
* Contains carrot oil and vitamin E.
* One bottle lasts for a long time so its value for money.
* Convenient spray mist packaging.
What I don’t like?
* Leaves a ghost-like whitish cast.
Would I recommend?
No. If you don’t want to look like a ghost with a whitish cast.
Would I repurchase?
Value for money?
Since it comes in mist form, only small quantity needed each time. So one bottle lasts for a long time making it good value for money.
IBeautySpy Rating: 3.8/5
To conclude, am really disappointed with this product. It works beautifully to prevent tanning and sunburn, has a great ingredients list free from parabens, artificial fragrance, color and chemical preservative. Yet, it fails in the most important part. Leaving a white cast which never gets absorbed or blended! I would never purchase this again and wouldn’t recommend to anyone unless you are a trekker or sports person for whom only high sun protection matters and appearance doesn’t matter.
* Aroma Essentials Tomato Sunblock SPF-30
* Natio Aromatherapy Daily Protection Face Moisturiser SPF 15
* Tvakh Pomelo & Kokum Velvet Touch Body Butter
* Plum Eluminence Deep Moisturizing Creme
* Auravedic Aloe Vera Gel and Comparison with other Aloe Vera Gels
* Fuschia Garden Lavender Day Cream and Arabian Jasmine Anti-Ageing Night Cream