How are you guys doing? Puja holidays and Navrathri are fast approaching. I would like to know whether you guys will like me to do any festive related posts – like pre-festive skincare routine, detoxing, etc. Let me know in the comments below. Today I will be reviewing a new launch by Imiana House. Its their Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist. They launched 3 variants of toners recently:
– Rose Water Toner Mist (Hydrating & Refreshing Pure Rose Water)
– Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist (Soothing & Balancing Toner)
– Vetiver Tangy Toner Mist (Calming & Earthy Tonic Water)
Today, I will be reviewing the Sandalwood & Neroli variant. I have already reviewed few products from Imiana House previously – Choco Mint Whipped Body Butter, Pink Kaolin Clay Soap and Afro Cocoa Butter Soap, Fa’Myrah Anti-Ageing Face Serum and IMBOTOX Anti-Ageing Moisturizer. You can check out all the reviews in the below links. What I like about Imiana House is that its one of the few clean and organic beauty brands in the market. So now let’s jump right into the review of Imiana House Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist. Also I will detail how I used it for the Korean 7 Skin Method. Can you imagine the results of using a pure hydrosol of sandalwood, neroli for 7 Skin Method? Read on to know further.
More reviews from the brand:
* Imiana House IMBOTOX Anti Aging Moisturizer – A Natural Botox Face Cream
* Imiana House Fa’Myrah Face Beauty Elixir for Skin Renewal and Anti-Aging
* Imiana House Choco Mint Whipped Body Butter – Indulge your skin with the goodness of yummy chocolate – 100% natural and organic
* Handmade Organic Luxurious Soaps from Imiana House – Pink Kaolin Clay Soap and African Cocoa Butter Soap
Sandalwood is a boon for dry and damaged skin. It soothens and provide new life to dull and dehydrated skin. Pure Neroli water cleanses skin, balances sebum and great for balancing skin natural oils.
Cruelty free, vegan, No SLS, Paraben & Pthalate free, 100% natural
Pure sandalwood and neroli hydrosol
Rs.399 for 50ml.
Imiana House Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist comes in a spray bottle packaging which dispenses a fine and uniform spray. The bottle is transparent, so you can see how much of the product is left.
Imiana House Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist is colorless and watery consistency, just like any other hydrosol. It has a very soothing scent of sandalwood. The scent is mild and not too strong like using sandalwood powders.
To start with, am a big fan of sandalwood products. Anything with sandalwood in it attracts me. For I love the scent of sandalwood and the calming, brightening effect it has on skin. But this is the first time am using a sandalwood hydrosol. I have previously used one from a local brand but it didn’t have much scent in it. This one from Imiana House is pure and authentic. Also I like the addition of Neroli in it. Neroli, as we all know, is the orange blossom. And it also helps in skin brightening.
Sometimes when my skin is tired, I spray it directly on my face to refresh and hydrate my skin. And other times I spray some on a cotton swab and wipe my face with it to deep cleanse. Both methods worked well. It helps to balance oil and sebum and gives a clear, fresh skin. It also tightened my pores due to the astringent properties of sandalwood and neroli. This is one of those rare toners which has both cleansing and hydrating properties. It helps to remove any residual dirt after wash and my face feels so clean after using this. At the same time, my skin feels so hydrated. Of course, you need to follow up with an occlusive moisturizer or facial oil immediately to not let the hydrosols goodness evaporate away. I have dehydrated skin and this has done a great job in hydrating from the deeper levels of the skin and bringing a subtle glow to my face.
Now coming to the interesting part, I have wanted to try the Korean 7 skin method for a long time. Since I am not much interested in Korean brands, I wanted to try it out with an Indian toner, something which is natural as well as hydrating. And when I received this product, I thought this will be a perfect one for it. 7 Skin method is basically layering your toner 7 times on your skin. This will increase the hydration levels of the skin and give you healthy, glowing skin. And if you are thinking whether it will work for oily skin, yes, it does, because it balances the skin’s oil and so dry skin won’t feel more dry, and oily skin will feel less oily.
I started out with applying Imiana House Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist 3 times and then gradually increased to 7 times. Give a few seconds between each time applying so that it gets absorbed in the skin. And the results were highly satisfying for me. My skin looked so healthy, plumper and had a nice, radiant glow. Also my skin felt a lot calmer without irritation and sensitivity. I am in love with this pure, organic hydrosol. However, you can use this toner simply in the usual way also without 7 skin method.
Does it satisfy all its claims?
Yes, it satisfies all its claims.
What I like?
* 100% natural and organic, free from parabens and pthalates.
* Cruelty-free and vegan.
* Suitable for all skin types.
* Unique combination of sandalwood and neroli hydrosol both of which are hard to find.
* Balances oil and sebum in skin.
* Tightens pores.
* Gives clear and fresh skin.
* Has both cleansing as well as hydrating properties.
* Can be used for 7 Skin method.
* Soothing scent of sandalwood.
* Calms and soothes skin.
* Revitalizes dull and dehydrated skin.
Suggestions for improvements
* Packaging of the mist can be made more luxurious since its a high end brand.
* Can the concentration of sandalwood and neroli be increased? Am not sure, just asking?
Would I recommend?
Would I repurchase?
Yes. I would like to try their other variants of hydrosols also.
Value for money?
Price more or less similar to other pure, organic brands hydrosols in the market.
IBeautySpy Rating: 4.8/5
I loved the effects of Imiana House Sandalwood & Neroli Toner Mist. I don’t think any other brand till now offers a sandalwood hydrosol. And even neroli hydrosols are hard to find. This is an innovative product by the brand and I would like to thank them for introducing such pure and organic skincare products. I just wish they make their packaging more luxurious. But do give it a try once. You will love the feel on your skin!
That’s all folks! I have one more Imiana House product review which is also a new launch. Can you guess which one? 😀
P.S Product sent by the brand for consideration. But my opinions and reviews are unbiased and honest as always.
* Aroma Essentials Lavender Hydrating Facial Mist
* Bon Organics Organic Jasmine Water
* Artisanal Skincare Holy Basil Cleansing & Toning Water
* Tvakh Fruit Enzyme Alcohol Free Toner – Comparison with Kaya, Neutrogena, Vichy and Plum Green Tea Toner