Today I will be reviewing a newly launched monthly subscription service called Mystery Box. They have a tagline ‘Let the mystery unfold’ and sure enough, when I unfolded their box, I was sweetly surprised by the mystery waiting for me! 😀 Unlike Fab Bag, Envy Box and MSM Box, this is not just a beauty subscription box. It also includes lifestyle, fashion and more. Every month they have a theme and the products are based on that. Last month’s theme was ‘Travel Edition’ and it had some amazing products. But I missed out on that. This month June box is the ‘Body & Bath essentials Edition’. So let’s check out what all I received in the box.
It is one of the biggest boxes I have ever received. My dad was surprised to receive such a big box from the courier guy. It is bigger than Fab Bag, Envy Box and MSM Box. But I think they have the same logo and design every month unlike others which have a design based on the theme and edition every month. Inside the box, all the leakable items like face wash and shower gel were bubble-wrapped to prevent leakage. Also, there was a card with a personalised message with my name on it.
Rs.1499 for 1 month plan
Rs.4197 for 3 months plan
Rs.7794 for 6 months plan
Rs.14388 for 12 months plan
Products I received:
* Roots & Above Citrus Mint Face Wash 100ml – Rs.250
* Nyassa Under The Ocean Shower Gel 145ml – Rs.450
* Bloomsberry Minute Manicure Blossom Sugar Scrub 150g – Rs.549
* Cosmic Twins Shanti Lavender Foot Soak 100g (price not mentioned)
* SkinYoga Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask sample 5.67g – Rs.199
* Divo Square Body Loofah (price not mentioned)
As you can see, the box contains all the essentials of bath and body – a face wash, face mask, shower gel, loofah, manicure scrub and foot soak. All of them are full-sized products except SkinYoga which is a sample.
I am happy that all of them are organic brands. I have heard all of them except Cosmic Twins. I checked out their Instagram and FB page and they seem to have a good collection of products. Maybe I will try more of their products.
I love all the above products and what’s great is that most of them have been on my wishlist for a long time – Nyassa, Bloomsberry, Roots & Above, SkinYoga. So I am so happy that I have got a chance to try them through Mystery Box. Only thing, I am little unsatisfied with the SkinYoga sample as its very tiny and will come for one or two use only. As much the packaging of that is great in a small wooden box, I wish it was a deluxe sample.
The total value of the box comes around Rs.1448 (excluding prices not mentioned for two items) and actual price of the box is Rs.1499. I am happy with it, but most subscription boxes deliver greater value than this. I wish they had included a body lotion too from Nyassa as its a bath and body edition. Also they could have included some spa discount vouchers.
What I like:
* Great collection of bath and body products.
* All are famous organic brands.
* Nice packaging.
* Value for money.
Suggestions for improvement:
* Packaging can be changed to suit every month’s theme.
* Avoid very tiny samples like SkinYoga.
* Being a “Body and Bath essentials” edition, a body lotion and spa discount voucher could have been added.
* Have variety of boxes. Like beauty box, makeup box, fashion & lifestyle box, and all-in-one box. Since am interested only in beauty, I usually never subscribed for this. People who are interested only in a particular category, can order only that box.
* Website can be improved. Can’t track order status online (However they sent an email with the AWS tracking number.)
Though its newly launched, I am pretty much happy with their service and customer support as well. This month’s Mystery Box ‘Body and Bath Essentials’ edition has an awesome collection of products from awesome brands and you should definitely try it.
If you are interested in this edition of Mystery Box, you can subscribe using my code “IBS” and get flat Rs.150 off.
Have you ever subscribed for Mystery Box? What products did you receive? Did you like it? Is it great value for money as a subscription service? Share your experiences in the comments below.