I have exciting news to share with you guys! Yes, I have been nominated for the Liebster award! Couple of years back, when I didn’t even start my blog, I have seen other bloggers being nominated for this award. Now I have my own blog and it feels so great to bag this award ????. I still have a lot of way to go in my beauty blogging journey. But this award is one of the small milestones on the way. I have previously been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and One Lovely Blogger Award. When I started my blog, I had no idea that one day, I would be nominated for these great awards. But here it is, and its feels awesome. And I have to attribute this to all my lovely readers who encourage and support me along. A big thanks to all of you!
What is the Liebster Award?
This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend. It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people. It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
Rules for the award
* Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
* Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger
* Nominate 11 other bloggers
* Ask 11 new questions for them to answer
A big thank you to Zeba Noor from Heart Diaries for nominating me for this award. Zeba Noor is currently doing her final year graduation. She is also a big skincare and haircare enthusiast. Her blog, Heart Diaries, contains detailed product reviews, subscription boxes unboxing, DIYs, etc. For all beauty lovers out there, I would suggest you to check out her blog and follow her.
As per the rules, she has sent me 11 questions which I will be answering:
1. Why did you choose your blog’s current name?
I have already mentioned this in the About Me page.
The name IBeautySpy came about by:
I – My love for tech and bringing more tech into the beauty industry (Eh.. How is ‘I’ related to tech? the ‘I’ in Iphone, Ipad, etc. I know… lame attempt ????)
Beauty – My love for beauty, health, wellness and staying young (possibly reversing back the clock with some spell ???? )
Spy – My love for adventure (I Spy on latest Beauty trends and products like a top secret FBI agent . But yeah, I do love adventures. )
Combining the three, coding while hanging in the air in a cliff camp (like the Intel ad), while testing out beauty products is my wildest dream! ????
2. What are your blogging aims till the end of 2017?
To write more quality content and product reviews which are helpful to many. To improve my SEO ranking. To try more natural beauty brands.
3. If you were asked to get a weird/unusual piercing on your body, where would you get pierced and (optional) why?
No. I wouldn’t like to get any piercing at all.
4. If you find Rs.10,000 in a park, what would you do?
I am a lazy person and don’t like to take responsibility. So I would just ignore it and go.
5. What is the first thing you do in the morning and why?
Make my bed. Am an organized person and don’t like my bed to be messy. If it is a holiday, then I start my day by making myself a cup of coffee and cuddling under the blankets again. Oh, so satisfactory ????
6. There is a flood warning and you’re stuck inside with no power. How will you pass the time?
Lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling and dreaming funny things. I dream about faraway magical lands with fairies, brownies and pussy cats that talk.
7. If you could have a super power, what it would be and why?
To eradicate death and old age from the world. It might seem amusing, but ever since I was a child, I have been deeply depressed at the thought of death and old age of my family members and friends. Having seen my grandparents die was shocking enough for me. I can’t imagine a world without my parents. I believe for hearts and souls that beat together, if one of them dies, the universe of the others end.
8. What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
We had gone trekking in the Himalayas. It was so cold in the night at the campsite like 5 degrees celsius. The cook there had made a dessert to accompany our dinner. Having freshly baked warm banana cake in the cold felt like heaven literally. I couldn’t imagine how they baked a cake with the bare necessities carried there inside a tent.
9. How is your handwriting according to you?
Just okayish. Many of my friends in college used to write better. Now, after joining work, I have totally lost touch with writing. So I guess it will be worser now.
10. What is the one technology you can’t live without?
11. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
Having many cups of strong coffees in a day. Though I know coffee is not good for health, I just can’t survive without coffee. I feel coffee is like my soulmate.
My Nominations for Liebster Award
1. Bhawna from The Glistening Lane
2. Aarushi Singhal from Glitter Naturally
3. Vidhi from Bare Skin Essentials
4. Swathi from Curious and Confused me
5. Soma from Cosmetics Arena
6. Snehal from Beauty Tending
7. Sonali from SkincareVilla
8. Mily from Pinkrimage
9. Safiyah from The Beauty Inside Out
10. Aisha from Jhalli Diva
11. Vaishnavi from Dollup and Run
My Questions to the Nominees
1. What was the first makeup or skincare product you ever used?
2. What or who inspired you to start your blog?
3. When do you find time to blog?
4. What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
5. What is your favorite junk food?
6. Cats or dogs?
7. Your dream trip?
8. What are your blogging goals for 2017?
9. Morning person or night owl?
10. When did something start out badly for you but in the end, it was great?
11.If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?
That’s all guys! I hope you found my questions and answers interesting. Thanks to Zeba once again. Looking forward to your responses, nominees 🙂
* Versatile Blogger Award Acceptance And Nominations
* One Lovely Blogger Award
* Get Your Glow On This Fall with These Tips
* Blue Nectar Shubhr Anti Ageing Flower Valley Cream – Natural Ayurvedic Anti-Ageing Cream for Oily and Combination Skin